IHG/Priority Club has released the new Point Breaks list, good for stays from January 27th through March 31st.
Point Breaks rooms are limited, though the discounted rooms don’t always get fully redeemed, if you do know your plans, it may be a good idea to book your room earlier the better. Most of the time, IHG allows you to cancel a reservation free of charge up to 1 day before, with no penalty.
IHG hotel brands includes InterContinental Hotels, Holiday Inn, Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, Hualuxe Hotels, Hotel Indigo, EVEN Hotels and Staybridge Suites.
There are 140 different hotel properties from all around the world on the current list.
Below are some sample hotel’s;
- Crowne Plaza Philadelphia-Bucks County – Pennsylvania
- Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg North – Virginia
- Holiday inn Middletown-Goshen – New York
- Crowne Plaza Cleveland Airport – Ohio
- Crowne Plaza Monroe South Brunswick – New Jersey
- Crowne Plaza Nashua – New Hampshire
- Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen-Chesapeake House – Maryland
- Hotel Indigo Boston-Newton Riverside – Massachusetts
- Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes – Florida
- Crowne Plaza Southbury – Connecticut
- InterContinental Beijing Beichen – China
- Holiday Inn Prague Airport – Czech Republic
- Holiday Inn Express Algeciras – Spain
- Holiday Inn Toulouse Airport – France
All hotels on Point Breaks are just 5,000 points per night!
Don’t have any IHG reward points? No problem. You can either transfer them from the Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card at a 1:1 ratio, You can also get the IHG credit card, which comes with a whopping bonus of 80,000 bonus points or you can buy points direct from IHG. Purchasing 5,000 points will be just $67.50.
Once you have 5,000 IHG points in your account. A “method” to get additional IHG points on the cheap, is to book any cancellable 15,000 point hotel stay at any location using “cash and points” which will be $70+5,000 points. Once booked, simply cancel the reward stay. The $70 that you pay is nonrefundable so when you cancel the hotel you will get back 15,000 points instead, in your account. Just make sure that when booking the room it says that there will be no charge for cancelling. With this option the points will come out to just 0.7 cents per point or just $35 for 5,000 points!