You can currently snag a free room for 1 night at the Holiday Inn Long Island City – Manhattan view hotel!
IHG has a fantastic “best rate guarantee” policy where if you find a cheaper rate on any competing site they give you the first night free!
Dates that are coming up cheaper are from mid February through mid March 2014 – Not every day is cheaper though, so be flexible and be sure to check different dates within this time frame. (The screen shot below is for a stay on March 11th)
Things to bear in mind:
- Book a “Refundable” rate at IHG, so in case they reject your claim you’ll be able to cancel your reservation for free.
- You need to first book the room before making a claim.
- Make sure the room is exactly the same room type with the same amenities, otherwise your claim will be rejected. e.g. if you book a king bed with a sofa bed room type on an IHG website, and are comparing it to a non-IHG website, you must find a price with the same king bed with sofa bed room type on the other website.
- You must contact IHG within 24 hours after making your booking, though as always, the sooner the better.
- Once a valid claim has been made and approved by IHG for a specific date, no further claims by the same person or household will be accepted for the same date.
Below is a screenshot from IHG with the higher rate.
And here is a screenshot from Hotels.com with the lower rates. What you do over here is actually just find a lower rate, you then send the link in the online form (it may also be worth to take some screen shots) to where the lower rate is found so that they can see the lower rate for themselves. You don’t actually book anything on Expedia or Hotels.com.