This Wednesday February 17th, IHG will be making some changes to their hotel award category list, with approximately 400 hotels changing category. About half of the 400 hotels will be going up and will require between 5,000-10,000 more points per night for an award redemption, and about half will be decreasing in category, which will require 5k-10k less points per night for an award night redemption. IHG will also be adding new 55k and 60k award redemption tiers.
Award redemption’s for later travel made prior to this Wednesday, will lock in the current point redemption rates.
Most hotel award bookings can be canceled with no penalty until a short amount of time before the booked stay, though be sure to read the fine print for the particular hotel to be sure of their cancellation policy.
IHG Hotel brands include: InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Candlewood Suites, Crowne Plaza, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Hotel Indigo, Kimpton Hotels and Staybridge Suites Hotels.
Some notable hotels going up in category include:
- InterContinental Hong Kong – Increasing from 50k to 60k
- InterContinental New York Times Square – Increasing from 50k to 60k
- Candlewood Suites Monsey/Nanuet – Increasing from 15k to 20k
- Holiday Inn Resort Lake George-Turf – Increasing from 35k to 40k
- Holiday Inn New York JFK Airport Area – Increasing from 35k to 40k
- IC Alliance Resorts in Las Vegas both the Venetian and the Palazzo – Increasing from 50k to 60k
- InterContinental London Park Lane – Increasing from 50k to 60k
Some notable hotels that are decreasing in category include:
- Crowne Plaza in Stamford CT – Decreasing from 30k to 25k
- Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Israel – Decreasing from 30k to 25k
- Crowne Plaza Eilat – Decreasing from 30k to 25k
- Hotel Indigo Tel Aviv – Diamond District – Decreasing from 30k to 25k
— You can quickly earn 60,000 IHG Reward Points points and an annual FREE night at any IHG hotel worldwide, through the sign-up bonus on the IHG Rewards Club Select Credit Card which is issued by Chase bank. All credit card offers can be viewed via the links in the credit cards tab. After clicking on the “Credit Cards By Issuing Bank” link, you can view all credit card offers by the bank of your choice, by scrolling down and clicking on their logo.