For a limited time Citi has raised the offer on the Citi ThankYou Preferred Rewards Card from 20,000 bonus points, to 30,000 bonus points!
- Earn up to 30,000 bonus ThankYou Points after qualifying purchases – redeem for $300 in gift cards or other great rewards
- Earn 20,000 bonus points after $1500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening, plus another 10,000 points after $1500 in purchases within the next 3 months
- 0% intro APR on Balance Transfers and Purchases for 7 months. After that, the variable APR will be 12.99%-22.99% based upon your creditworthiness
There is a balance transfer fee of either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.
- New: 2x Points on purchases for dining and entertainment
- 1 ThankYou Point on other purchases
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited Thank You Points
- Redeem ThankYou Points for merchandise, travel rewards, gift cards, cash and more
- Travel with ease and enjoy global acceptance with Chip Technology
No annual fee
To earn the bonus points you will need to make at least $3000 in purchases within the first 6 months. $1,500 within the first 3 months and $1,500 within the next 3 months. Amazon Payments should be great for reaching the minimum spend ;-).
Each Thank You point is worth at least 1 cent when you redeem for gift cards or travel from the Citi Thank You portal, so that’s $300 in FREE gift cards or travel.
You can use these points to buy flights up to any value, just as you would if you pay cash. This is a great perk as you can virtually use these points for ANY flight anytime. – Think all those occasions where you are not able to use miles and points to find a flight you are looking for or where you have no flexibility with your travel plans. You can also use these points to cover expenses which you can’t usually cover with miles and points.
If you have the Citi Thank You Premier credit card, you can redeem these points for 1.33 cents towards airfare, so 30,000 points are worth $399 of free travel.
This card has no annual fee and you earn 1 Thank You point per $1 spent.
Also, Citi offers what they call “Price Rewind“. Citi will refund you the difference (minimum of $25 and up to $250 per item) if you buy an eligible item with any Citi personal (NOT business) credit card and find a lower price for the item within 30 days. Price Rewind claims to track your purchase and will automatically search for a lower priced item, once you register your purchase.