Flying can sometimes be very stressful. Below is a list of different ways to get Airport Lounge access and a list of different credit cards which offer Airport Lounge access, complimentary.
Updated, June 2nd 2013. Originally posted Feburary 10 2013
1. The Platinum American Express Card – With The Platinum American Express Card, you can access American Airlines Admirals Club, Delta Sky Club, US Airways Club lounges, and the Airspace Lounge in the Baltimore/Washington International Airport, Concourse D, just by presenting your American Express Platinum credit card. You can even bring in 2 guests or your spouse and any children up till the age of 21, free.
The Platinum Card, also comes with a free membership, in the Priority Pass Select program, which gives you complimentary access into over 600 airport lounges worldwide. Platinum Authorized user card holders, also receive a complimentary membership into the Priority Pass Select program.
Additionally, one of the benefits of the Platinum American Express card is the $200 annual airline incidental credit. This $200 credit covers anything from in flight food purchase, to overweight luggage, but also includes the purchase of airport lounge day-passes. (The $200 annual credit runs on a calendar year, meaning, you get $200 to spend before the end of the year and then again on January 1 of the next year, even though, such as, you only got the credit card in November.)
2. Hilton HHonors SurpassCard from American Express – This credit card comes with a free membership in the Priority Pass Select program. The Priority Pass program entitles the member to lounge access at over 600 lounges around the world, but with this card all lounge visits are subject to a fee of USD $27 per person per visit including guests.
3. The Chase Ink Bold and The Chase Ink Bold Plus – Business Credit cards – These credit cards come with membership to Lounge Club and gives you 2 free lounge passes, these passes can be used at over 350 airport lounges around the world. Additionally, each additional user card (additional users are free) also receive the 2 free passes.
4. United Club Card from Chase – The United Club card comes with a complimentary membership in the United Club lounge program. Being a United Club Member will get you into the United Club, US Airways lounges and Star Alliance branded lounges worldwide when flying that star alliance partner. Additionally, with the United Club card, you don’t need to fly to get into the United or US Airways lounge, by presenting this card at check in you will receive a gate pass which entitles you to go beyond security even when you are not flying. You are allowed to bring up 2 guests or family in for free.
5. United Explorer Card form Chase – With this card you receive 2 free annual passes for United Club or US Airways airport lounge access.
6. Cit Executive AAdvantage Card – This card comes with a complimentary membership into the American Airlines Admirals Club, which gets you into the American Airlines AAdmirals lounges. Additionally, you are allowed to bring up to 2 guests or immediate family into the lounge with you.
7. Citi AAdvantge Card – This card gives you 2 free annual passes for American Airlines airport lounge access.
8. US Airways MasterCard from Barclaycard – This card gives you 1 complimentary US Airways Club day pass, annually.
9. Delta Reserve Credit Card from American Express – This credit card gives you complimentary access to the Delta Sky Club when flying Delta. The complimentary access also allows for you to bring up to 2 guests or your spouse and children up to the age of 21, free.
10. Fairmont Visa Signature Card from Chase – This card come with a Complimentary annual membership to the Lounge Club and 2 free visits, subsequent visits cost $27. The Lounge Club gives access to over 350 airport lounges.
11. Buy a day pass – You can buy day passes from Delta, Alaska Airlines, United etc; These usually range about $40 – $50.
12. Buy a lounge membership – These will typically cost around $400 – $500 a year. You can buy a membership to Delta, United, American Airlines etc; for domestic travel, or you can buy a Priority Pass membership or Lounge Club for global access.
13. Ebay – Yes, you may be able to find day passes that people receive annually from their credit cards to AAdmirals Club, United, US Airways, and Delta, for sale.