There have been similar offers for a while now, for the US Airways Premier World MasterCard, but with the recent news of the US Airways and American Airlines Merger, and the fact that US Airways points will be turning into American Airlines points eventually, this may just be the opportunity to get in on this mega offer before the card ceases to exist (especially if you churn your credit cards).
The $89 annual fee is not waived the first year, but the bonus points are most definitely worth the $89!
- 40,000 Bonus Miles after your first purchase
- Earn 2 miles per $1 on US Airways purchases
Earn 1 mile per $1 spent everywhere else
- Redeem flights for 5,000 fewer miles
Reward travel now starts at only 20,000 miles
- Two free companion tickets every year
redemptions starting at just $99
- First class check-in
- One complimentary US Airways Clubday pass
- 0% APR on balance transfers for the first 15 months